– Deadline: 9 April 2017 –
Applications for 2017 Momentum for Change Awards are open!
Selected initiatives, called ‘Lighthouse Activities,’ shine a light on innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people are doing to address climate change, in the hope of inspiring others to act. The winning activities will be recognized and celebrated during a series of special events in November at the UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany (COP 23).
The 2017 Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities will recognize climate action that is already achieving real results in five categories:
- Women for Results: recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change, implemented in collaboration with Masdar’s WiSER initiative.
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: recognizing successful financial innovations for adaptation and climate mitigation, implemented in partnership with the World Economic Forum Global Project on Climate Change.
- ICT Solutions: recognizing successful climate change activities in the field of information and communications technology. This focus area is implemented in partnership with the Global e-Sustainability Initiative.
- Planetary Health: recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet, implemented with support by The Rockefeller Foundation.
- Climate Neutral Now: recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality, implemented with the secretariat’s Climate Neutral Now initiative.
The Momentum for Change Advisory Panel, made up of senior experts from various fields and countries, will select the 2017 Lighthouse Activities. The panel is part of the secretariat’s Momentum for Change initiative, which is supported by The Rockefeller Foundation and operates in partnership with Masdar’s Women in Sustainability, Environment and Renewable Energy (WiSER) initiative, the World Economic Forum Global Project on Climate Change and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative.
For more information and to apply please click here