– Deadline: May 15, 2017 –
The journalist, journalism team, or media outlet provided independent, investigative reporting, which:
- Originated in and affected a developing or emerging country
- Was broadcast or published between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016;
- Was of an investigative nature;
- Uncovered an issue, wrong-doing, or system of corruption which gravely affected the common good;
- And did so in the face of arrest, imprisonment, violence against them and their families, or threats and intimidation
Online submissions are strongly preferred. If you need to send hard copy, mail it to: Global Shining Light Awards/GIJN, Pozsonyi Way 10, 2nd floor 8 door, Budapest 1137, Hungary.
Questions & Enquiries
Any questions about the award should be emailed to email@example.com.
If submissions are in languages other than English, you must provide a detailed English-language summary of a print or online story, or an English-language transcript of a broadcast script.