– Deadline: 1st June, 2017 –
The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is one of the world’s largest competitions in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship. From 1 March 2017 until 1 June 2017, green start-ups from all over the world can submit their promising sustainable business plans to the the 11th edition. The winner will receive €500,000 to further develop the product or service, and to bring it to market. The runner-up will receive €200,000. An international jury selects the winner and runner-up.
How does the competition work?
People from all over the world can (free of charge) submit their sustainable business plans at www.greenchallenge.info. Mid-July, the organization will announce the 25 nominees who will have a chance of becoming a finalist. Five finalists will then be selected Mid-August for the final round of the competition, where they will present their business plan in front of a selected audience and an international panel of experts during the grand final in Amsterdam on 14 September. After the decision round the judges will announce the winner of the €500,000 as well as the runner‐up.
As this is an international competition, all entries must be submitted in English. Due to the fact that we receive hundreds of submissions from over 80 countries, we employ strict guidelines. If you have been selected as one of the finalists, you will be invited to come to Amsterdam to present your plan to the international panel of experts. Keep in mind that your presentation should be held in English as well.
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate
- should be developed enough to execute
- should be realisable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in the designs
Besides these criteria, the jury will also look at factors such as: communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
- be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organisation necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service
- be 18 years or older
- agree with all Terms & Conditions
- fully complete all the questions on the entry form in English
- be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist to present your idea to the jury (reasonable travel and lodging expenses for one person per finalist will be reimbursed)
An elevator pitch will go a long way
Please click here